Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 2....

Today I am so tired....  It has not been a productive day to say the least.  I guess two days of energy in a row is too much to ask!  Ha! 

For those that read this and do not know, my sister and I own our own t-shirt business.  I make shirts on Monday's and Wednesday's normally, but on occasion, I make them on Thursday or Friday too.  I knew today was a shirt day so I rested extra this morning so I would have the energy to stand at the heat press for two hours.  The business has been a blessing.  It has supplemented income for us that we really need at times.  Do I enjoy it?  I'd hate to lie in my blog.... Let's just say, I am thankful for it!  We make cute stuff so it's fun to see our creations when they are on the finished product...just getting there is not so fun! :)  For the last few months, however, we have had a helper come and help me make shirts.  That has been a LIFE SAVER!! On days she cannot come, I realize just what a blessing she is!! ;)

My kids have had good days the last couple of days.  I know my attitude toward them affects their behavior.  I made a point that every morning when we all get up, I will spend time hugging each one of them individually as long as they will let me.  I will not break the hug, when they are done, they get up.  It has been great!  McKain hugs the tightest and for the longest.  He melts my heart.  He is so soft and loving on the inside.  I cannot wait to see what kind of husband he is going to be.

Last night was my Bible study with my precious sisters in Christ, God in His grace has connected me with!  We talked about so much.  Their relationship is so vital in my walk.  God is amazing in how he orchestrated our relationship and brought us together.  I honestly do not know what I would do without them in this stage in my life.  They literally sharpen me with God's Word, just like it says!

We talked about parenting.  The question was asked, "How do kids understand the gospel when we have such a hard time understanding it?  How do we truly and fully explain it to them?"  I mentioned how I pray daily for my kids that God will reveal Himself to them.  That they will realize their salvation is a journey, a wonderfully difficult journey that will last their entire lives.  I want them to grasp that if they hold onto Jesus, He will never let go of them.  I don't want them to misunderstand and think it is going to be easy, or that they will be perfect.  One of my very wise friends shared a story of how one of her friends "parents".  It was amazing. I have already used it today.  Let me see if I can explain it in writing... (I am going to present it as a scenario that happened and maybe it will be easier to understand)

Samantha and McKain are playing.  Samantha decides, she wants the toy McKain has, so she takes it.  McKain retaliates by hitting Samantha.  She hits him back.  The fight is on.  When it is finally brought to me, they are both wounded and crying.  This is were the gospel comes in.... I ask Samantha, "Why did you take the toy?"  She says, "Because I wanted it." (typically answer, but I am trying to get to the heart of it, the "sin")  I say, "yes, but what inside you made you think you could just take it if you wanted it?"  She reluctantly says, "selfishness".  I ask, "What is selfishness?"  She says, "A sin".  I ask, "Samantha, why do we sin?"  She answers, "Because we are sinners and we are not good."  I ask, "Samantha, did God give us rules to show us how bad we are?"  She answers, "Um, no?".  I say, "You are right, then why did He give us so many rules?"  She says, (as innocent and precious as anyone with child like faith), "To show us that we need Him."  DING DING DING!! She got it!! I say, "Yes baby! That is why!  That is what our sin reminds us of daily!! Not just that we are awful rotten sinners with no hope of being any better, but that we need SAVING!!"  I asked her, "Samantha, who is our Savior? Who has rescued us from ourselves?"  Without hesitation McKain belts out, "Jesus!"  I told them both, "Every time you sin, I want you to be reminded of why you sin, because you need a Savior.  I also want you to remember that you HAVE a Savior, one that never sinned.  He has rescued us all from ourselves and our sin." "Don't let your sin only remind you of how awful you are, but of how WONDERFUL God is!!" 

It was amazing!  The way they saw it, the Gospel in action.  Living it daily in their own little lives!! Thank you Jesus for the Gospel! Thank you for Saving us!

We must all remind ourselves of the Gospel daily!!  We must die to ourselves daily, take up our cross daily and work out our own salvation with fear and trembling!!  (Luke 9:23, I Corn 15:31, Phil 2:12)

Thank you for revelations of your amazing love God!!


No comments:

Post a Comment