Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Purpose

Can I just start out by saying that several of the last blogs have been done in my bed because I can't sleep.  I can feel the proverbial "tug" of the great and mighty Holy Spirit on my heart.  Tonight was no different.  For some reason I could not get my blog out of my head.  I just tossed and turned in my bed, watched some Beth Moore videos on my phone, listened to my music, and finally, went and got my laptop.  I sat here thinking, (to God of course) "Okay, here I am, what do You want me to write about".... and as simply as I am typing I felt the impression of that wonderful and mighty Holy Spirit say "your purpose".  So here it goes....

A constant, maybe even permanent, struggle of my Christian life has been my purpose.  What is my purpose?  Why did God chose me?  Why did He create me and decide to allow ME to be included in His work?  Who am I?  What can I do?  What good am I too Him?  Where is my place?  and even if I knew then How can I?  Do you struggle with any of these questions?  These are questions I ask myself daily, sometimes, more than 10 times a day!

I, like many of you, am a parent and a wife.  To me, these are my most important ministries!  Being who I was created to be for them.  The other human beings God allowed in His creation and placed in my care!  While this is a huge responsibility and I thank God for it daily.... i want more!!  Please don't take that the wrong way.  I am more than grateful for what God has given me in my family and I know I am more than undeserving of the Grace He has bestowed on me.  I just don't want that to be it.  I want to be more for Him.  I want to show Him that I can do anything He needs me to.  Wherever He needs me to go, whoever He needs me to talk to, however far, however hard, however long....I will go!  For so long, that has been my search.  My internal search and prayer.... "God, show me, tell me...I will listen, I will go"

But then I realized....that was it!!  He only wants to know we are willing.  Listen, we all can't be a "Beth Moore".  Some of us, me included, may only be "mom", "dear", "sister", "friend", or anyone else you are to the people whose lives you impact and who love you. But that is okay, because we are needed!  It is the "simple" people in this world that have been willing to listen and obey God's calling, that have made it what it is!  The Christ Followers, the willing vessels, the chosen ones!! YES YOU ARE A CHOSEN CHILD OF GOD!! If my only purpose in this life is to raise my children to love, obey and serve Christ, and to love my husband the way God tells me too in His Word and show Him the love of Christ, then I will follow through with my orders gladly!  Though in my heart, I would love to do more, I am content in knowing, He may need me to "just" be who I am now! Be careful not to take your "job" in this world lightly.  God is precise and He has a sovereign and divine purpose for placing you exactly where you are at exactly this time!  Let us not miss the opportunity to be "simply" HIS by trying to be more than He ever desired us to be.

I will take every opportunity presented to me to share the love of Christ to those around me, at the grocery store, at the bank, at the gas station, at the USPS....wherever I am, whoever I am in contact with, I will be that willing vessel for you Lord!  I will be an "extra" in YOUR show Lord and I thank You for allowing me too!

Other "extras" in God's show....see how His purpose was carried through with these "simple" people...

Judges 4 the story of Deborah the Judge chosen by God.... I wonder...did she have parents?  Friends?  spiritual influences in her life?  OF COURSE SHE DID!! and without them, she would not have been the person she was!

Luke 1:46 Mary, the mother of Christ, begins praising God for what He is doing in her life.  But can I please bring your attention to Mary's parents.... Oh wait, they are not mentioned!  Does that mean they were not important?  NO!! Someone raised Mary, someone taught her all the things she knew about God and His love and His law!  For her to be able to praise Him the way she does in the next 9 verses, she had to have someone in her life teach her those things...prepare her for what she was about to embark upon!  (see where I am going)


We all have people in our lives that affect us in one way or another, whether good or bad.  But, if we allow God, He will use it for good and you never know who you may be influencing!

Do you think Ruth knew, that in her obedience, when she lay at Boaz feet what the REAL impact would be?  That it would lead her to be the great great great great great (well, you get the picture) grandmother of JESUS!!!!

There are countless other stories you can think of and examples of "extras" who have assisted along the way in allowing the "major" events to take place!

Simple obedience...that is my purpose!

What is your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment