Saturday, October 2, 2010

Something New




So, my sister started her own blog not too long ago and I thought, "wow, I wish I had time to blog"....  Well, I still don't have time, but I just couldn't stop thinking about how great it would be to "write" down all the things that are happening in my life right now.  For me, for my kids, for my grand-kids, to look back on and enjoy. Every day is a REAL adventure in my life and even if no one else reads this, I will!  My sister always says when we are all together, that TLC is really missing out on a great TV show...they should definitely have cameras following us around :)

I thought it would take me a long time to come up with a title, but once I sat down and thought about it, it just came right to me.  I feel like this is my life moto.  I am just TRYING to do it HIS way!  (by HIS, I am referring to my Savior, my LORD, my God, the GREAT I AM :)) Now of course, I fall short every day...but in the end, I think it is how hard we actually tried that matters!  And I do try.

I thought about, "where would I start" and I concluded that I think it would be best to just start with today....too much in the past to start anywhere else.  When need be, if I refer to the past, I can fill in the blanks.

So, today...

Parker Wayne (our youngest of 3) said "pees"....his version of "please"...Sammy was feeding him and said, "say please" and as plain as day he said, "pees".  Not sure he knew what he was saying, but he did say it a few more times.  It just hit me, like a ton of bricks, my baby is not a baby anymore.  He is about to break into "toddler" mode.  How did this year get by me so fast?  I tried to make it slow down, savor every moment, and now it is gone....I told my dad on the phone the other day, "I know raising my kids is not going to last very long, it will be over before I know, and it is not even going to be a majority time period of my life.  It is a brief journey that too many people rush through and then regret not 'living' in the moment"  I dont want to do that.  I want to enjoy every moment.  Even the tough ones, because I know they are going to be grown and gone before I know it.
McKain (my middle son, he is 7) had his first "lock in" last night at a church we are visiting.  He was so excited, he wanted to pack his bag Wednesday.  He had fun, and he slept (unlike his sister-Samantha, my oldest, age 8-who did not sleep one minute at her lock in the weekend before--The leader from her lock in actually called me later the next day to tell me again, Samantha did not sleep one minute, as if I needed some sort of warning as to what my day would hold...HA!)  McKain is in that in between age right now.  He still wants to be my baby, but wants to be a big boy too. He kept telling Samantha today, "We are so popular" Ha...I even heard him tell Sammy, "dad, it's because we are popular"...HA!! 
Samantha had a friend from our homeschool group/new church we are visiting spend the night tonight...(well, she was going too and got scared and went home...her mom told me not to blog about that...LOL)  Samantha was so upset that she was going home, she was kinda rude to her.  I tried to use this as a "learning" moment (as my Aunt Gayle always says), and told Samantha, "this is your opportunity to be a great friend, show her how much you care about her and that you are okay with her going home, you understand"....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I might as well have spoken German!!! She was not hearing it. I actually had to make her go to the bathroom until she could stop crying.  It is in these moments as a mom of a little girl that you sit back and think...."Man, I've got a long way to go" :)  We will get there....just got to keep "doing it HIS way"... (like how I tied that back in??? I have mad blogging skills)

We all went to my Mama Hazel and Pop-pop's house tonight to watch the football game. (We dont have cable...I know I know)  I LOVE those two people so much....God just gave me and my kids all kinds of blessings when HE decided to let us be their decedents... I love how EVERY-TIME I get on to my kids in front of her, Mama Hazel says, "Michelle, leave those kids alone", "they can eat as much candy/chocolate/ice-cream/cookies, before they eat dinner, they want", "they aren't hurting a thang"....how do you argue with that??? You dont! :) She made us Salmon patties (my dad calls them something I cant put on my blog....they are his favorite....not)....they were delicious...why is it you can cook they same EXACT thing your grandmother does, use the same exact ingredients, even the same cookware, and it still does not even come close to tasting as divine as hers?? How is that exactly?  I did get by with cleaning the kitchen completely before she knew what I was doing, just as I dried the last pot, she heard me in the kitchen and said, "Michelle, get out of there and leave that stuff alone...", and I replied, very haughtily, "Yes Mam....just let me put away this last pot".... Wish I could put my Pop-pop's laugh on here.... it is price-less... She amazes me, she just wants to do everything for you, and wants nothing in return!!

Well, that is all for now...I am so glad I started this!  At least for me anyway, so I have somewhere to write it all down and go back and read it...so I can laugh and cry and remember ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment