Sunday, October 3, 2010

Grocery Store and Baking Success!! Yay Me!!

First of all, today is Sunday....my MOST favorite day of the week, and for the first time in a LLLLLOOOONNNGGGG time, I attend a church that I get absolutely ecstatic about going to.  Because, I know the WORD OF GOD is being preached.  I can feel the anointing all over that place.  Even in the chair I sit in, I can feel the Holy Spirit resting on it.  What a blessing!  First of all, to live in a country where I can FREELY serve the ONE TRUE GOD, and secondly, to know of and attend a church where the people are on FIRE for God and HIS purpose and calling (thank you Heidi and Stephanie for inviting us, we will forever be indebted to you)

Okay, on to my grocery store and baking success!  First I want to say I am so proud of myself on so many levels.  I took a trip to the grocery store for the first time in my adult life, with a list, a certain amount of money to spend (left my check card and check book at home) and actually was successful in only getting what was on my list and staying in my budget!!!!!  I know, it's a miracle!!!  I was able to buy enough groceries for me and my family to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for the next week and a half, until we get paid again!  I knew that with a little time, patience and discipline, I could do it.....bahahahaha (I knew that if I spent over, Sammy would kill me...cause that would mean he would have to bring me some money :))
I shop at Publix, which I love, and used their "sale add" along with items I already have in my pantry, sat down with my new I-pod (that my sweet husband bought me from a guy at work for $100--side bar) and made a breakfast menu, lunch menu, supper menu and grocery list.  I picked two dinners that I knew we could eat on for two days, then picked the others based on the meats they had on sale.  I also bought a lot of Publix brand stuff because it is always cheaper.  My point in sharing this, is that it is doable....because if I can do it....then anyone can!!!

Okay, now on to my baking success...
For those of you that know me, you know my two older children, and how MUCH they love and adore one another....NOT!!  So, taking on the task of baking with them is a big one!  But I was up to the challenge.  So, Samantha, McKain, Lizzie (Samantha's friend) and I, made raspberry cheesecake bars....AND....I did it without yelling... Again, for those of you that know me and my kids... know this is almost an impossible task!  But I learned today, that it is doable!  I can smell them cooking now, and WOW, they smell good!!!

Parker Wayne is sitting in his high chair protesting because there is nothing on his tray...I think he would sit there all day and eat if I would let him.

There is chili in the pot simmering, laundry is all done, and it's only 5:37....Today has been a very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment